Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Camaro gets a blowjob

Eduardo delivered my 77 Camaro to Rudey's auto shop in the Edgewood neighborhood in ATL. He picked it up at the Insurance Auto Auction in Jonesboro. I paid him $60 cash. His wife works at the Auction where I bought it from the dude from Pineville, NC who bought it at auction from my insurance company who bought it from me when they paid off the theft claim a year and a half ago. The chain of ownership also included some old black guy in East DeKalb who had it sitting on his front yard the past two years, stolen, ragged out, sitting there. While Eduardo unloaded it from the tow truck some dude in dreds and a big white tshirt drove by in an 80's Chevy Caprice with 24" spinners and asked, you sellin it? No.
Rudy, who has hairiest ears you'll ever see, looked it over yesterday. Someone took out my 305 and put in a 350 but didn't replace everything they should have and busted the flywheel and some other stuff. Turns out the 350 they put in will be perfect for boring and rebuilding, so Rudy's pulling the engine and transmission, and rebuilding them. The engine goes to the machine shop to get blowed out next week. They will boil it too.

2 comments:

Nani J. Cootsack said...

"You sellin' it?"

Isn't that how all this started in the first place? Do yourself a favor and go buy THE CLUB.

edgeweeds said...

I'm getting a "Kill Switch" and an alarm system. And probably the Club too. I'm not sure who you can kill with the switch.