Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Sad Day for Cincinnati Sports (and Cincy in general)


As if everyday isn’t a sad day for Cincinnati Sports…..

In this day and age when everyone and their brother (including me and my brother) has a blog, there are only two blogs I consistently follow. One is the Tricky Trail Times, which, as a contributor, I am forced to follow. The other is C Trent Rosecrans’ blog. The latter, in it's 1530Homer.com state, is currently no more. Luckily C Trent can still be followed via Twitter and ctrentrosecrans.com

Today WLW and Clear Channel announced the layoffs of sports/beat writers/radio personalities C Trent Rosecrans, Paul Daugherty, and Alan Cutler. I don’t listen to the radio much, so I really can’t tell you much about Alan Cutler except for the fact that his nickname is “The Cutman” and most people I talk to find him annoying. As for Paul Daugherty, aka PDoc, I could go either way. Sometimes I like his columns, sometimes I don’t. As for C Trent, he will be missed.

Weeks after being named by the readers of CityBeat as Cincinnati’s favorite journalist, C Trent has been let go by his employer. Aside from reporting on the Bengals/Reds, his daily “Thinking Out Loud” blog entries are a smorgasbord of information. Besides being mostly compiled of sports quips, C Trent also presents his readers with insight into the local music scene, the latest iPhone apps, as well as other random pop culture happenings. He is the perfect blogger for Gen X and Y, but sadly those aren’t the people running WLW and Clear Channel. Hopefully C Trent will land on his feet somewhere and be appreciated for the great writer he is. For my sake, I hope he stays in Cincinnati. For his sake, as far as sports cities go, there are much better ones out there besides the 'nati. If his next job takes him away from Cincinnati, then, I wish him the best, his local reporting and prowess on the broomball rink will be missed.

I know the Tricky Trail will always keep a slot open for him.

2 comments:

Nani J. Cootsack said...

Well said, Fred.

Rodney "Hot Rod" Lincoln said...

Don't you mean, "Right Said Fred," or are you too sexy for that?