Monday, December 1, 2008

The Sarah Palin Files, Pt. 69 / The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Well, Bless me! The Hot Rod gets to author the 69th installment of the Sarah Palin Files! (Actually, I think Part 48 was a two-parter, so Nani may have robbed me of the honor from a purely technical standpoint).

ANYWAY, given Charlie Daniels' politics, I'm sure he'd be appalled that I have used the reference to the only song he is known for to describe Caribou Barbie's trip to Georgia.

Palin of course, is there to campaign for the man who, more so than any one else on God's green earth, has got to be thankful he was not born with a lisp, Georgia Republican Senator, Saxby Chambliss. If there is a more pretentious, faux-old money, southern aristocratic sounding name out there, I'd like to know about it. But I don't think there is.

Oh, did I mention that Saxby Chambliss is a Vietnam-era draft-dodger, turned modern-day chicken-hawk, who, in his free time, attacks triple-amputee Vietnam veterans for not being sufficiently patriotic? Yep, he sure is.

This is all too convenient for the Hot Rod. Line 'em up together so I can slap both in the face - Palin for being a (proudly) know-nothing dunce, and Chambliss for being a contemptible bastard.

No comments: