Wednesday, December 31, 2008

You Tube Mining - Early 1990's gems.

Don't ask me why, but I'm currently searching You Tube for videos of bands that occupy a sort of "vacuum" in my musical interests as I came down from heavy metal and punk but before the whole "grunge" (I hate that word, by the way) really started to dominate.

Frankly, I don't know what you'd call this stuff. Other than, of course, "MTV's 120 Minutes" music. God, I loved that show. Anyway, looking back at how I now remember the early 1990's, this kind of music just seems so out of place. But at the time, I don't think it struck me as odd at all. Not the bright colors; not the baggy-but-not-rapper-baggy clothes; not the stilted soul elements; none of it really. Hmm...

Anyway, enjoy and Happy New Year!

"Groovy Train" by The Farm


"Grey Cell Green" by Ned's Atomic Dustbin


"Divine Thing" by The Soup Dragons

No comments: