Friday, October 10, 2008

Non-Partisan PSA from the TTT

Like many of you, the Nani has been getting sick, almost literally, at the "Obama is a Muslim terrorist" crap, or the group-think that goes on at the McCain/Palin events ("off with his head").

Therefore I've composed a letter to combat the emailed ignorance that seems to have enveloped the community I'm from, a community that I want so much to love and that I hope grows up.

I think I am going to send this email out with the hope of steering some people I know from my hometown away from the nasty mob-mentality that is taking over at the McCain/Palin Klan rallies. If any readers feel it will help clarify things in their circles, they should feel free to lift it from the TTT and send it around.

Hope it helps,

Nani
Hi Folks,

I've received a number of email hoaxes that contain false information about each candidate (i.e. McCain declared himself a war criminal on 60 Minutes/Obama's college tuition was paid for by terrorists) and their running mates. Some have been sent with the sender truly believing the fodder within; some have been sent asking for clarity.

So, in a proactive attempt to clarify this political race and help people of all parties vote based on the issues at stake rather than the manufactured hoaxes that seem ubiquitous these days, I have pasted four links below to searches I conducted on Snopes.com, a leading, and non-partisan, authority in the debunking of hoaxes and urban legends.

I encourage you to check there any time you get something that seems like its trying to drum up fear or casting disparaging characterizations about either candidate. This site has been keeping America sane for several years now, generally on things that don't normally include politics.

On Obama (76)

On McCain (47)

On Biden (9)

On Palin (15)

I just hope you'll vote on the issues, for Obama or McCain, but on the issues, not the conspiratorial character attacks.

Hope everyone's well,

1 comment:

Hugo said...

I had to use this email this morning. I'm very grateful that you put together a very detailed presentation, and I'm also sad that it was really needed.