Friday, October 17, 2008

Quote of the Day / The Sarah Palin Files, Pt. 57

Sarah Palin at a North Carolina fund raiser last night, reading her prepared remarks:

"And I, I begged our speechwriters, 'Don’t make me say Joe the Plumber, please, in any speeches.'

"And I was asked, 'Just one time, just at this fundraiser.'"

Right. That conversation happened. The groveling and all. "Oh please! Don't make me pander to the base again! Nooooooo!"

As the young people say, "ROFLMFAO."

The only place that conversation occurred was within the cranium of Palin's speechwriter. And talk about metacognition - just imagine the speechwriter typing out this line of shit about an argument between himself and the speaker of his words (Palin) about how the speech he was then writing should be written?

Can you follow that? It's enough to make the Governor's head spin! Well, that, foreign policy, economics, and a whole lot of other things too, but still. you get the point....

No comments: