Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Confident in that Readiness"

In Charlie Gibson's interview with Sarah Palin, the power-abusing, creationist responded to a question about when McCain asked her to marry him... on the presidential ticket, that is:

"I answered [McCain] 'yes,' because I have the confidence in that readiness and knowing that you can't blink, you have to be wired in a way of being so committed to the mission, the mission that we're on, reform of this country and victory in the war, you can't blink."

"I thought yes right off the bat. … When he offered me the position as his running mate, the first thing I said to him was, 'Do you really think that I could help the ticket? Do you really think that I could help this country?"
Hmm.... confidence? Something about the word confidence and immediately questioning her value to ticket and country doesn't jive. Aren't these questions indicative of a lack of confidence?

If my boss asked me, "Nani, would you to help me lead a team of renegades to loot the Gulf Coast during post-hurricane pandemonium?" and I responded, "Well, Sonny Landham, do you think I would be good at carrying flat screen TVs at a quick pace? Do you think I would help uplift the good name of renegades everywhere with my actions?" how would that sound?

No comments: