Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quote of the Day

Nebraska Republican Senator, Chuck Hagel, an honest man:

Of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Hagel said, "She doesn't have any foreign policy credentials. You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don't know what you can say. You can't say anything."

"I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,'" said Hagel, an opponent of the war in Iraq and a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. "That kind of thing is insulting to the American people."

Hagel said "in a world that is so complicated, so interconnected and so combustible, you really got to have some people in charge that have some sense of the bigger scope of the world. I think that's just a requirement."

And would Palin qualify?

"I think it's a stretch to, in any way, to say that she's got the experience to be president of the United States," Hagel said.

No comments: