Monday, September 1, 2008

The Sarah Palin Files, Pt. 9

A couple of Sarah Palin reports ago, I mentioned that I can respect some right-wingers. They are principled and know what the hell they're talking about; I just happen to disagree with their philosophy, that's all.

The more I learn about Sarah Palin, the more I doubt I'm going to have any respect for her. Her grasp of the issues, I suspect we'll see in the coming weeks, is no deeper than the Republican Party talking points.

Here's Palin on whether or not she's offended by the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance:

Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance


This again demonstrates why she is the perfect match for John McLiar. Rule No. 1, after all, of the Republican playbook is "don't let the facts get in your way of dishing out some right-wing red meat!"

In this case, those damned facts are that the words "under God" were added to the Pledge of Allegiance on Flag Day in 1954. The "founding fathers" had nothing to do with it.

It has been reported that the donors gave $7 Million to McCain's campaign after the Palin pick was announced. Maybe they'll take some of that money and buy Palin a clue.

No comments: